Thursday, March 10, 2011

The "Real" Secret

I have a secret
I like when it's real.
 I like to hear real stories from real people. 
I can read all the articles in the world about every possible subject under the sun but hearing it straight from the source... well there is nothing quite like it. 
And so one night as I was lying awake (wishing I was asleep because both my kids were) 
I wondered what if I could have a virtual sleepover with women all over the world? 
What if I could be a fly on the wall and watch their everyday experiences?
 Imagine what I could learn. 
Imagine what I could do.
 So the idea came to me- 
Why not create a blog where anyone, anywhere can write in and talk about 
well... anything REAL
 Secrets they have tested and tried. 
Not just about parenting but about real life experiences that have polished them into the individual they are today. 
Maybe you read a good book, found an interesting website, or a new exercise routine you love. 
Maybe you have a work woe, or a challenging assignment.
 Maybe it's how you have learned to handle the joy (or chaos) of children or a child with great need. 
Maybe you are unable to have children and are filled with sadness and discouragement. Maybe you have a learning experience to share, or maybe just need a brain dump.
 Whatever the reason, whatever the information. 
The possibilities are endless. 
The blogging world paints the picture that everyone's life is all laughter and smiles. 
That every child is a beautiful genius and every marriage perfectly put together. 
When in reality we are all experiencing the good, the bad, and the ugly. 
Sometimes all at once. 
But its nice to hear every now and then
 that you aren't the ONLY person experiencing these things.
Whether its dealing with food allergies, or a 3 year old that refuses to poop on the toilet it would be wonderful to know that I am indeed not alone in this great race
 and that maybe someone out there has an idea I haven't thought of yet that could make my life that much better. 
So here is my one plea...
Open up.
There is nothing MORE refreshing than being honest.
And if you don't have something to talk about... then ask a question thats been on your mind.
We all know what pillow talk is like at sleepovers and since we can't all get together what a great way to share ideas and learn things we never could have otherwise.
Ready. Set. Go

P.S  how this will work: You leave a comment with your secret or question and I will turn it into a post. Make sure you let me know if you want it to be anonymous or what not. If you would rather email send it to jenaleehayes@gmail.com
And to all you strangers... welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Brilliant. Nothing bugs me more than fakeness. Anyway, I'll have to think of some "secrets" (although I pretty much spill everything on my blog) and comment. Can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete